Top Swimming Holes in and Around Auckland
Summer heat can get unbearable especially in Auckland, if you are locked up in a hole in the city. however, if you take your campervan rental Auckland for a ride around the city, into the lush forests, you might get some respite. There are plenty of trails and swimming holes that are known for being excellent summer heat beaters. You can take a walk, dip in the swimming pools and then attend a campfire night. This is the best part about being in Auckland during the summers.
Here we will talk about the popular swimming holes in this land that you must visit. Are you ready to take a look?
1. Anchor Bay: If you love rock pools and want to take a dip in one of the many pools in Auckland, you should go to Anchor Bay. It hosts a number of rock pools, all of which are exquisite and exciting. Apart from being excellent places to swim and relax, they also house a number of sea creatures of all kinds and types. When you are done swimming, you can take a look at the sea animals like crabs and starfish. It is indeed heaven on earth for all who love water and all that is there in the water. You can also find a space to park your motorhome hire Auckland while there.
2. If you want something that is located at a distance of 15 mins from mainland cBD, then you should visit the Oakley Creek Falls. It is the most popular natural waterfall where you can take a dip and relax. It is so close to home that you can go there while taking a stroll around the city. it has a 20 minute trail around the bush that you can take and enjoy the lush greens around. You can go for the dip in the water after your walk. It is a good idea to plan a picnic in this place. Going in a campervan rental Auckland can make the camping trip fruitful. It will help you find a space to cook and sleep in the night.
3. Mermaid pools are the favorites for people who take a road trip in Auckland. It is a beautiful spot and one of the best areas in Auckland to dive. You will find plenty of natural pools in this place. It is also the only place where you will find crystal clear water.
4. Donut island is the place to go if you want to go on a summer expedition or adventure. It is about a kilometer from Whangamata’s east beach. You can go on a kayak to this place. It is a dormant volcano, and is now converted into a small beach spot.
5. The last one to hit this list is the Hunua falls. It is a 30 meter tall falls, and is considered to be one of the tallest and most relaxing spots in the town. It starts from the Wairoa river and moves over to a volcanic rock to reach a pool that is about 17 meter deep. Even in the heat of the summer it is cool and nice. You also have a separate space to park your motorhome hire Auckland.