Top Scenic Road Trips Around Auckland
If you are planning a trip around Auckland in New Zealand, you can drive around in campervan rental Auckland. Spot some of the best waterfalls, scenic views and incredible beaches while taking the road trip around the lanes. Breathe in the beauty of the lanes while listening to your playlist and snacking on good food. We have curated some of the best spots that you can drive through while en-route Auckland.
image credit: Matt Crawford
1. You should take a drive through State Highway 1 to reach Leigh. You should take the hour-long road trip along this route. You can drive around Warkworth and Matakana to reach this coastal town. There is a lot to wander and see there. You can go to the wharf or take the cruise back to Matakana. You should go to the top breweries there, where you can have beer. Visit the food joints and you can have good food.
2. The scenic drive road is yet another trail that you should enjoy while in Auckland. The road moves from Titirangi to Piha Road along the Waitakere Ranges. You can see the incredible village of Waiataura while in your motorhome hire Auckland. This road, as the name suggests, is scenic and a complete bliss for the travelers
3. If you want to enjoy a weekend getaway or want to spend some time on the shores, you should take the road trip along the west coast beaches. They are known as the wild west coast for the adventures they offer and the incredible views that you get to see. You can go on a surf on Piha and Bethells. You should enjoy the cliff top view in Muriwai. If you want to walk around the remote beaches, you should visit the Karekare and Whatipu beaches in this city. you can visit the gannet city at the end of your beach tour for the beautiful views it offers
4. If you want to take in breathtaking views and are not interested in the drive, you should visit the Long Bay Regional Park. It is located about 30 minutes from Auckland. You can take your campervan rental Auckland to visit this place. It is known for the grassy lands and the beautiful barbeques. You will also find incredible walking lands in this place
5. If you want to enjoy one of the best roadtrips that Auckland has to offer, you should go along the Hibiscus Coast. It moves along the Red Beach, Hatfields Beach and Orewa. It is definitely photo-worthy sight. You will see a lot of native forests and picnic spots along this route. It is an excellent spot for camping, in case you plan to stay the night
6. Another top-notch coastline in Auckland is the Pohutukawa Coast. It starts from Auckland and moves through howick and Cockle Bay. You can also take the southern route that moves through Clevedon. There is an excellent picnic spot at the Omana Regional Park located in this route. You can take the motorhome hire Auckland there to enjoy your night stay.