Top Gardens in Christchurch You Cannot Miss
Christchurch has been named as the garden city owing to the numerous gardens and parks that surround this town. You can explore the city in your campervan rental Christchurch, stopping by at the heritage parks and natural reserves. The colourful gardens that surround this space is dazzling and makes up for unique experiences. If you are in Christchurch, you should not miss exploring these gardens.
1. Hagley Park: this park that is also an open-air recreational area was designed in 1850. It is one of the biggest parks in the town, and comprises of north park and south park. The north park hosts some of the top-notch outdoor events and festivals that call for community attendance. The south park is majorly for walking and exploring. You will find yourself surrounded by many beautiful trees and flowers here.
2. Christchurch Botanic Gardens: This garden in Christchurch is a horticultural student’s paradise. You will find a range of plants, trees and flowers in this region. If you are not studying these plants, you can explore this region to check out some amazing and lesser known plants. You can take your motorhome hire Christchurch around this region. This garden also hosts the central rose garden, which is considered to be the paradise for roses.
3. Riccarton Bush: It is a quiet and peaceful space in Christchurch that houses the kahikatea floodplain forest, which is also native to the Canterbury region. This 600-year-old trees carved from flooding cycles have found a home in this paradise pretty recently. Apart from hosting some of the best known species of plants, trees and herbs, this place is also home to the farmer’s market.
4. Millbrook Reserve: It is located alongside Hagley Park, and is central to Christchurch. Apart from being one of the finest outdoor landscapes, it is also a beautiful place to host weddings and enjoy outdoor photography. You will find a lot of people opting to picnic in this garden. The garden houses azaleas, rhododendrons and camellias during the spring season.
5. Halswell Quarry Park: If you are looking for walking trails, you should visit this park. You have a good parking spot for your campervan rental Christchurch here. It also houses the Kennedy’s bush track, the cashmere hill loop and the Findlay’s walk. There is an extensive picnic area in this region. You will also find the sister city gardens in this location. These gardens have botanic collections from Adelaide, Christchurch, Kurashiki Japan and Seattle.
6. Edmonds Factory Gardens: alongside the iconic baking powder factory lies the most illustrious garden you can find in Christchurch. It is one of the finest designs in terms of outdoor landscapes and garden areas. You will find a lot of horticultural wonders in this space. The gardens are divided into oval gardens and rose gardens. The community of Edmonds factory is responsible for handling and maintaining the gardens.
You can explore the different gardens with your motorhome hire Christchurch. You will find a good parking spot and enjoy a nice picnic inside these beautiful spaces.