Top Gardens and Parks for an Evening Stroll in Queenstown
Are you looking for a quiet and calm place where you can spend your evenings alone or with your loved ones? There are some uniquely designed and beautifully done gardens in Queenstown that you might want to explore. Even if you are not from around this place, you should visit these gardens when you to Queenstown.
We have curated a list of all the gardens that you can explore in your campervan rental Queenstown.
1. Queenstown Gardens: if you are traveling to Queenstown and don’t visit this garden, your trip remains incomplete. It should be on top of your bucket list. It is set along the Lake Wakatipu, and you can visit the garden while you are on the lake. Apart from the beautiful view of a lake, you can also see a range of flowers along all sides that makes your trip scented and beautiful. Apart from a long stroll, you can also visit the garden for several community-based activities.
2. Earnslaw Park: It is located along the Steamer Wharf and Lake Wakatipu. It is located in the central part of Queenstown which makes it quite accessible. Apart from the flowers and trees, there are several attractions in these gardens that you can visit. It hosts the creative Queenstown arts and crafts market where you can enjoy some live music and good stuff. Find a good spot for your motorhome hire Queenstown. Apart from this regular market, you can also visit the winter festival and New Year’s day celebration that is hyped in this garden.
3. The Village Green: If you are exploring the town and seem to notice that you need some space to relax, the village green is the best place. It is a park which also hosts a number of terraced lawns that is connected to horne creek. You will find numerous seating facilities here. Apart from the beauty within the garden, it also offers a picture-perfect view into the Skyline Gondola. This is a garden that you should specifically visit during the winter season.
4. St. Omer Park: If you want to visit a well-designed and neatly done park, you should go to St. Omer Park located near Lake Wakatipu. It is located within the mountain range, and is the perfect place to host your picnic or barbeque. You can take your campervan rental Queenstown to this place and find a parking spot before you explore the garden. Apart from the beautiful view and range of plants, it also houses a good number of walking trails. You will find interesting willow trees in this route.
5. Marine Parade: It is located along the Queenstown beach. It also overlooks the lake Wakatipu. Comprising of some of the well maintained lawns and exclusive trails, this garden is an interesting place to visit. You can also have your kids visit the playground in the garden and keep them engaged. Find a parking spot for your motorhome hire Queenstown and enjoy your stay in the garden. You can also pack some blankets and food to enjoy picnic time.